MinnowBoard Privacy Notice
MinnowBoard.org respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your information through MinnowBoard.org web sites, products, online services, software, apps, tools, and other services and functionality we provide, along with our marketing and advertising practices.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information We May Collect
MinnowBoard.org may collect various types of personal information, including:
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, billing and shipping address, phone number, email address, and social media/messaging account ID)
- MinnowBoard.org Account ID
- Profile picture
- Social media postings and information
- Payment card, digital wallet, or other payment service information
- Depending on the service we are providing to you we may also need to collect more sensitive personal information (such as location, government-issued identification, photographs, audio/video recordings, images, and biometrics) directly from you
If you submit any personal information about other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We and our service providers may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From you or someone acting on your behalf: We may collect personal information you or someone acting on your behalf shares with us such as your name and contact details.
- Through the MinnowBoard.org Services: We may collect personal information about you when you use MinnowBoard.org Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or use or install our products or apps.
- Through Third Parties’ Services: We may collect personal information about you when you use third party services that utilize the MinnowBoard.org Services.
- Offline: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you attend one of our trade shows or events, or contact customer services.
- From Other Sources: We may collect your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. We may also receive your personal information from people with whom you are “friends” or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your MinnowBoard.org Services account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us. Such information may include personal information that is part of your social media profile or your friends’ profiles. Similarly, if your social media “friends” connect their social media account to their MinnowBoard.org Services account, information about you may be shared with us via this “friend” connection.
Other Information We May Collect
MinnowBoard.org may also collect other information from your app, browser, or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else’s) real world identity, for example:
- Browser and device information
- App or device usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies
- IP address
- Location data
- Aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information
- Demographic information and other information provided by you (i.e., language, occupation, postal code).
We and our third-party service providers may collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the MinnowBoard.org Services (such as the app) you are using. We use this information, for example, to make sure that the MinnowBoard.org Services function properly, analyze the performance of our products, and improve and maintain the MinnowBoard.org Services.
- Through your use of a MinnowBoard.org app: When you download and use a MinnowBoard.org app, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the MinnowBoard.org app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the MinnowBoard.org app.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites, applications and other MinnowBoard.org Services collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as communicating with your device, calculating usage levels of the MinnowBoard.org Services, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering the MinnowBoard.org Services.
- Location Data: We may collect the physical location of a connected device, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, and WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based MinnowBoard.org Services, content, and advertising. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You can choose whether to allow or deny uses and/or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized MinnowBoard.org Services, content, and advertising.
We provide access to our Privacy Notice by:
- Linking to it throughout our websites
- Incorporating it into our contracts, agreements, and other documents as necessary or appropriate
3. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
How We May Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use personal information:
- To provide MinnowBoard.org Services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you technical documents or whitepapers.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To personalize your experience on the MinnowBoard.org Services by presenting products, marketing messages, offers, and content tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain more information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the MinnowBoard.org Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s contact information.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, provide you with related customer service, and establish and manage your MinnowBoard.org accounts.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our MinnowBoard.org Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. To send administrative information and service notifications to you, for example, information regarding the MinnowBoard.org Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
Personal information may be shared or disclosed:
- To our affiliate entities and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our authorized service providers and suppliers who provide services to us such as web site hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the MinnowBoard.org Services.
- By you, on message boards, forums, chat, profile pages and blogs to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any such information you post or disclose in public forums will become public information, and may be available to users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, online.
- To a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or the rights of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Collect, Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may collect, use, and disclose other information obtained through cookies in accordance with our MinnowBoard.org Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice or MinnowBoard.org Services. In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your postal code). If we combine any other information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined and is personally identifiable.
Product Updating and Reporting
Our products and services may also process certain data to provide software updates and reports. These update functions may automatically check your system to see whether files relating to the services need to be refreshed, updated, or modernized. MinnowBoard.org may also uses the information to adapt the product to conform to user preferences based on actual use.
4. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
When we share personal information with a MinnowBoard.org service provider, we require that they first contractually agree to comply with reasonable and appropriate privacy and security standards.
5. THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS
MinnowBoard.org does not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
The MinnowBoard.org Services are designed to provide reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Users of MinnowBoard.org Services must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and service they are utilizing. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password to any MinnowBoard.org account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
7. RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8. USE OF MINNOWBOARD.ORG SERVICES BY MINORS
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world where applicable to MinnowBoard.org Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), or under the applicable age of consent in your country, without parental consent, please let us know and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
9. CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about MinnowBoard.org’s privacy practices, you can contact us by using the email form in the Get Help section of the website. Please include your contact information, name of the MinnowBoard.org Service or website, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
10. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the MinnowBoard.org Services. Your use of the MinnowBoard.org Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share personal information.